Chinese Hot Oil
How my wife makes her hot oil.
Recipe type: Dipping Sauce
Serves: 2 Cups
- 2 Cups Peanut Oil
- ¼ Cup dried Chinese red peppers
- 1 Tbsp Szechuan Pepper corn
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Get out your favorite carbon steel wok and bring it to a medium high heat
- Turn on the overhead vent as there will be smoke.
- Pour peanut oil into wok and let heat up.
- Place Szechuan pepper corns into a cheese cloth ball and let simmer in oil.
- Remove pepper corns after a few minutes and throw away.
- Place dried red peppers into oil and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour combined mix into a ceramic or glass jar after oil has cooled.
- Mix in sesame oil.
- Cover and enjoy on many different foods as a dipping sauce or for cooking.